Sep 16, 2013

This background technique will make you happy, happy, happy

Angie Leach, a fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator 
was the subject of my artist spotlight
on one of my blogs
see her post here
http://latenightstamper1.blogspot.com/2013/09/artist-spotlight-angie-leach-fellow.html

Angie's technique is also the subject for this

Twisted Challenge 07 - Faux Patina

Here is my card

How did I give this  Technique a Twist
I wet the cardstock, inked it
let it dry, embossed it
then inked it again
following her directions.

You can't see it n my sample but the versamark ink
really gave this background a beautiful shine on the raised flowers.

Thanks in advance for your comments
and Thanks Angie 
for sharing your idea with all of us!








May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com
 Website: http://latenightstamper.stampinup.net

6 comments:

Lauri Ingram said...

Sherrill what a cool twist! Love the colors you chose too! Thanks so much for joining us at Technique Twist!!

toocoolstamping said...

I love your twist on the Faux Patina Technique! I bet it looks even more incredible in person!

Leena Girsa said...

What a cool twist on the Faux Patina technique! Thanks so much for joining us at The Technique Twist this week!

Pam Strobel said...

Sherrill ,I love your color combo and unique twist using the water. Thank you for Your inspiration @ the Technique Twist.

Julie Fields said...

Gorgeous! I think blues, greens, & yellows just blend together so well! I'm going to have to try wetting the cardstock first. Great twist & the background looks almost like a window sheet with the shininess. Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

Jessica said...

Very pretty Sherill! Love your happy colors and embossing folder is perfect for those. Thanks for joining us at Technique Twist!! Love it!
Jessica

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It