Sep 9, 2013

a card for Shelli Gardner



the words say (hang in there)

http://soshelli.com/so-shelli-blog/2013/9/5/ill-be-darned.html?currentPage=4#comments

The link above will bring you to Shelli's update


If you'd like to send a card, please send it to the Riverton office:

Stampin' Up!
ATTN: Get Well Shelli
12907 South 3600 West
Riverton, UT 84065


Sterling suggested we also take the time to send a card to someone else

Sterling wrote: "because I know the power of cards and know that many people don’t have the incredible support that Shelli has (thanks in large part to you). I think it would be a great idea to send a card to someone in your life who is in special need or someone who may be feeling lonely. Just wanted to share that thought. . .
Third, and this one might sound weird, especially considering that I am a pretty quiet, in-the-background kind of guy. I don’t know the Statement of the Heart word for word like Shelli does, but I know it starts out with something about loving what you do and sharing what you love, and I had this thought—Shelli would probably love it if you shared Stampin’ Up! with someone. Think of your friends, family, neighbors, whatever . . . and as you’re thinking and praying about Shelli, as a name comes to mind, consider sharing Stampin’ Up! with that person. I know that would thrill Shelli. . .
I promise that’s my own suggestion—no one from Stampin’ Up!’s recruiting department has been anywhere near me. I just know how much Stampin’ Up! has meant to Shelli through the years, and how much she loves it, so I just thought I’d put that out there."


I am going to give this card to someone who is always looking our for others
he is getting older and yet continues to put the needs of others before his own.
I respect and love this man very much and although he is not my grandfather I think of him as such.

I hope he will feel the appreciation I have for him and pray God will bless him with continued health until he is called home to be with his dear wife Rose.



This is my favorite card from last weeks stamping

I think I will send it to my friend Shirley Munoz
I have not been over to visit her in a real long time
hopefully this card will let her know 
I am thinking about her.

Shirley has made a positive difference in my life
I hope to do the same and pay the kindness forward 

How to make handpainted papers by 

Sherrill Graff and Shirley Munoz


it's so easy and a lot of FUN!
You need white cardstock, a stipple brush, 
stampin up ink refills Brilliant Blue and 
Taken with Teal, a extra plastic set stamp 
case, rubber gloves, and a spray bottle 
with water in it. I used an empty stampin 
mist bottle.














Step 1 place the cardstock into the stamp 
case
Step 2 Spray the cardstock with water until 
it is thoroughly wet on both sides.
















Step 3 add a puddle of each ink color to 
the lid
Step 4 Touch the ink with your stipple brush 

and repeat until the entire paper has color 
on it.
















Leave some 
white spaces and try not to over work the 
2 colors so you can still see the difference 
between the blue and the teal.


















Step 5 allow to dry completly



May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

3 comments:

Suzanne Johnson said...

How many characters do I get in this little comment box? I am sure not enough for all the compliments I have for your beautiful cards in this post, thanks for the technique tutorial and inspiration! I have to read it again and see how you cut/punched the little clouds. I will share on our LNS discussion about my "sharing what I love about SU!" experience yesterday!

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful post. This is a great opportunity to take a moment of our busy days and think about someone who has impacted our life.

Latenightstamper said...

thank you for you lovely comments
the clouds were punched out using the cupcake punch, then I cut a little off the bottom of each one to make them not all look the same.
have a blessed day

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It