May 29, 2012

A trip tp Canada with Carolyn Garland - my Stampin Up demonstrator friend

 Carolyn and George's friends Mary and Louis showed us areound their Apple Orchards

We ate Sugar pie

I met a bunch of Carolyn's stamping friends and we made some 
multi-layered embossing butterflies. I also showed them how to emboss sticky strip. You can see it on the bottom of this card. 


To make the pre-melted embossing chips
I cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil  then I pour embossing powders onto the foil. I pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. TURN OFF the oven before you put the cookie sheet in. Keep the door closed. About 4 to 5 min later check and see that the embossing powder is melted. 


Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and allow to cool.
Once they are cooled Completly, you can easily peel them off of the foil. 


Store a bunch of the melted embossing chips in a baggie and take them to your workshops. 



This embossing is on part of an old CD
Heat where you wish to cut the CD using your heat gun.
Then cut the CD while it's still warm with utility scissors.
Allow the CD to cool. 
Rub VersaMark ink onto the CD and coat it with a layer of embossing. Once the embossing is cool. Rub it with VersaMark again and repeat with embossing powder. Heat the embossing to melt it.
 I used 2 layers of clear embossing and then one layer of black embossing powder. Wile the embossing was still hot, I sprinkled copped power in places. 
I used VersaMark on my leaf stamp so that is will act as a release agent. 
Then I heated the embossing one last time and pressed the stamp into the embossing.
Allow it to cool for a couple minutes then, pull the stamp off.

This CD was a soft green color. 
I wrapped it in wire and wore it on a necklace to all of my Stampin Up parties. 
Customers loved it!




7 weeks until convention
http://www.eventbrite.com/org/492616344?s=4734031

May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com 702-293-1386
My Website: http://latenightstamper.stampinup.net 





 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It