Aug 27, 2011

Embossing Samples by Sherrill Graff

I would love to invite each of you who attended the Henderson Regional to share your positive comments here.


Beginner embossing workshop - at the end of my workshop demonstration I would show this card as well as let them make the center of this card so new customers can learn embossing. Most customers will add a silver or gold embossing power to their order after they try embossing for the first time. This set and any 3 step stamping set will work perfectly for this technique.






__________________

Intermediate Embossing workshop - At the end of my demonstration I would show them the resist technique and they would each create the background to this card. Customers would usually add clear embossing to their order. For the technique stamp and emboss your images using clear power. Then use daubers to ink around the embossed images to help them show up. Stamp black images and Distress the background.

The leaf image in the center has a thin coat of clear embossing over it.

Here is another sample I showed today.

The DSP has a thin layer of clear embossing powder over it and while the embossing was still pliable I punched it out with the ornament punch. If you wait until the embossing is completely cool the embossing may crack when you try and punch it out.



____________________

Advanced Embossing workshop

Many of you were able to see today at the Henderson Regional how I create embossing chips to use at my workshops.

To make the pre-melted embossing chips

I cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil then I pour embossing powders onto the foil. I pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. TURN OFF the oven before you put the cookie sheet in. Keep the door closed. About 4 to 5 min later check and see that the embossing powder is melted. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and allow to cool.

Once the embossing is cool, peel the foil away from the embossing from the foil. Break the embossing into chips and store in a plastic baggie to use at your workshops.
These samples are multi layered embosssed chip board.
The above sample has a line of sticky strip along the bottom that I poured embossing powder on and heated. I love that look.
This is a close up of the multi layered embossed embellishment I had on the stocking sample.









I was thrilled to have so many team members and friends there today. Thanks for the kind comments about my demonstration. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and learned a few new ways to use your embossing powders.


Stampin Up sure takes great care of us and makes all our events FUN!

May God bless you and your family,Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com
http://latenightstamper.stampinup.net
my recruit password is scrapbook1

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It