May 30, 2010

Stampin Sunday Inspiration - Learn~ inspire~Serve~ teach

Saturday I was looking around on stampin connection a Ning group for Stampin Up demonstrators and saw this color combination. The demonstrator was showing a one sheet wonder technique. So today after church I thought I'd play around and see if I could help each of you L.I.S.T. Learn~ inspire~Serve~ teach

The splatter background stamp has been one of my favorites for years! The other stamp came from a stamp set we were given at Stampin Up's Leadership or Regionals this year.
We all appreciate FREE stamps!
For a workshop I would have taught just how to make the paper, then I'd have them make it into a 2 easy cards, one to keep and one to donate to the Ronald McDonald House.

To turn this easy workshop project into a Class I'd add a little heat embossing.

I'd have them sponge the mustard ink around the edges, then I'd add some embossed splatters to dress up the page!

Rub the edge with the edge of the Encore pad to create a finished look.
Now to add a "sherrill touch" I'll teach you something cool....
Cover your cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Heat your oven to 350 degrees
The put little piles of gold embossing powder on the foil. Turn your oven off before you put
the cookie sheet in the oven. (it helps reduce the chance for fumes and in my case... with a gas oven, I never want to take any chances... lol)

Take the cookie sheet out and let the puddles cool

Then peel the cooled puddles off the foil. Peel the foil back to keep your the embossing from cracking. Keep reading for the rest of this technique

You will need your heat gun, a Encore pad (or a versamark ink or stampin up craft ink pad)
Ink up your stamp, heat your embossing until you can easily blow it around with your heat tool. Then press the stamp into the liquid embossing, HOLD YOUR STAMP IN PLACE until it cools enough to peel it away. Touch the back of the cardstock to see if it's cool enough. It will still be a bit warm but you can easily leave your finger there.

Lift the stamp and look how cool the image is. This stamp because of it's bold lined image is perfect for this technique. The technique is call multi layered embossing.
Trace the hodge podge hardware over the embossed image then trim it with scissors
Due to the thickness of the embossing, your matching punch will not be able to be used.
Use your wide ribbon and a brad to secure the hodge podge element for your page.

Secure the brads through the holes in the hodge podge piece, Cut the ribbon at a angle so it will not show from the front. If I would have used my Stampin Up ribbon scissors, the ribbon would not have frayed.
I love it added to the page... what do you think?

Here it is on a card as well. Add a saying and it would be perfect. I didn't add a saying yet because these projects are for June events and I wanted to wait to see the discontinued stamp set list before adding a saying to this sample.

See your demo's website on June 1st for the retiring lists! Then hurry and get what you need on the accessory list because the items Go very FAST!


With the embossing chips I made by melting the embossing on the aluminum foil, store the chips in a baggie and take them to your workshops. When I taught this at workshops, customers could not get enough of our embossing powders!

I sincerely hope you enjoyed this Sunday inspiration, I am thankful for such an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.

I challenge you to L.I.S.T. Learn~ inspire~Serve~ teach by sharing something you have made this week!
Feel free to leave a post with your blog address so others can come see what you have created.

May God bless you and your family, Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com



Website: http://latenightstamper.stampinup.net my recruit password is scrapbook1

11 comments:

Janice said...

Sherrill . . . I LOVE this! Several years ago I bought one of the UTE "pans" that you heat up, to do this . . . and shared it with my club. They loved it, too . . .this is even better because I'm not using a product (the "pan") that SU does not sell!! And you don't have to buy the pan to make these! GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well with you and yours . . .I'm going to email you directly and tell you about me!
Janice Rosenthal Rock

Kathryne said...

Sherrill -- amazing!! beautiful and so creative! I will be using this in a class! Thank you so much for sharing

Latenightstamper said...

If you are a stampin up demonstrator, please consider taking my FREE boot camp for business builders!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LNSBootCamp/

it's for everyone who has a positive attitude and who want to grown their circle of friends, their customer base, and the size of their team!

I challenge you to join today!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! WAY COOL! Thanks for sharing!

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

love it!

sa said...

well, look at you having fun and being creative all day, lol, good for you, and thank you for sharing that cool little trick, now I need to go and try that.

Michele Ruiz said...

WOW!! what am awesome and original technique! Thanks!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

This is a really cool technique Sherrill!! I love that it is all SU merchandise, can't wait to try it myself!

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Oh My God!, Sherrill this technique is amazing and the tutorial is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope to make this for the convention is great!!!
Martha Lucia Gomez
http://stampartpapel.blogspot.com

Trish in Wisconsin said...

Hi Sherrill, I am crazy about this Technique! I can't wait to give it a go. I am anxious to try it with all sorts of Stampin' Up! Stamps and see what effect I come up with. I am going to try this with the Silver EP too, I think it will look quite striking when used with black and red, oh the new Cherry Cobbler, my heart be still. I can't wait, I am so excited. I just found your Blog now and have been going through it, that's why the late post. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us, you are so very generous in all you do.

Cyber hugs, Trish in Wisconsin

Trish in Wisconsin said...

Hi again, please don't forget about my previous post. I am going to email you privately and "talk" some more in detail.

Hugs again, Trish in Wisconsin

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It