Mar 21, 2010

We find beauty all around us in the eyes and actions of kind friends, in the quiet of the morning, in the embrace of loving parents, in Nature, ....




I believe we can get inspiration when we enjoy the beauties around us. Enjoying nature is a wonderful way to gain inspiration.
Many of you know I'm visiting my Son in Law Justin and our daughter Tiffany and their new daughter Ava Kay.
After a week of tending Ava, Tiffany and I spent an afternoon in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Temple in Maryland.
It was a beautiful experience and we enjoyed the opportunity to provide service to others as well as receive renewed peace and strength ourselves.
I love how I feel after attending the Temple.... I feel happy, loved and a little bit wiser too.
Yesterday we spent the afternoon in DC while Justin watched Ava again. He is such a good father to his little girl and Tiffany and I really enjoyed the day together.

We spent the afternoon admiring beautiful buildings and monuments. My heart was touched as we visited memorials and I felt my heart swell with emotion as I took the photo below. We are standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial looking over the reflection pool at the Washington Monument. I never realized that I would ever get to be there in person. What a blessing it is to be able to visit places we only have seen in pictures.




I was happy to recognize the joy I felt as the Spirit of God touched my heart.

That sweet, quiet voice of inspiration comes more as a feeling than it does as a sound. … The Holy Ghost communicates with our spirits through the mind more than through the physical senses. This guidance comes as thoughts, as feelings through promptings and impressions. We may feel the words of spiritual communication more than hear them, and see with spiritual rather than with mortal eyes.

We find beauty all around us in the eyes and actions of kind friends, in the quiet of the morning, in the embrace of loving parents, in Nature, in the service we give and the art we create.

May each of us be blessed to feel and appreciate inspiration when it comes. May we enjoy the creative process as we help others learn new ways to make beautiful works of art with paper, stamps and ink.

Have a creative day

May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com
Quote: "if God is your co-pilot, switch seats"

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful page and picture of the monument. You aren't too far from me - I'm about 1.5 hours from DC. Glad to hear you are enjoying your time with your daughter and family.

Lauri Seago said...

Hey Sherrill! We were at the Lincoln Memorial on the VERY same day! Hugs! Lauri

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It