Mar 25, 2010

Creative Inspiration - interactive scrapbook pages using stampin up products by Sherrill Graff

http://radio.lds.org/eng/
If you didn't already know I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints.
I am happy to testify We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

One day while in my craft room I was listening to a church talk on CD while I was trying to come up with something creative.
I don't remember the words that were said on the CD but I do remember how I felt. I had an overwhelming desire to pray.

I left my craft room, knelt by my bed and offered a simple prayer. I needed Gods help and inspiration to come up with an idea that would knock my customers socks off. Although it was short, it was a sincere prayer.

I went back to my craft room and started playing around with my round tab punch. I punched 2 round tab shapes leaving one flat I folded the other in half and sat it like a chair ( L shaped) upon a bed (the bed being flat).
I trimmed the excess plastic from the 6X6 protector (the part that says stampin up) using my paper snips.
Then I put the hinges I created with the round tab punch over the circles on the page protector. I used glue dots because they hold so well. Then I used more glue dots to make the other side of the hinges stick to the 8 1/2 X 11 page protector.
Then I used the sticky strip to adhear both the 8 1/2 X 11 page protector to the 12X12 page protector together at the edge. YOU MUST USE sticky strip. It is the only thing that will hold plastic to plastic. Try not to get any over the holes so the pages will still turn easily in your album.

Once I created the original idea, I was blessed with more inspiration for the other variations

I thank God for answered prayers. I know I was inspired to create something so wonderful. My customers have been enjoying these for over 3 years.

I was brave this last January and I gave a copy of my page idea to Stampin Up. They said it may be possible to manufacture pages already assembled so all we have to do is add our art. I will be so thankful if they can make these available to all demonstrators and our wonderful customers! What a blessing a good idea can be.











If you have a desire to have a hands on experience making these pages I will teach a small class Wednesday afternoon BEFORE convention from 6-8pm
I will take reservations from my Late Night Stamper friends first, because they are so good to me. Then I will open it up to all other demonstrators. Bring your camera, a Roll of sticky strip and a box of glue dots and one pack of DSP to this class.
I will provide instruction, scissors, the round tab punch, some cardstock. It should be fun and fairly easy.

Demo Only Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LNSDemoOnly/

May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

Blog: http://latenightstamper1.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StampinUpLNStampers


Website: http://latenightstamper.stampinup.net
my recruit password is scrapbook1

4 comments:

Zoe said...

I've look at these for years, even received one at Convention '08 from you!! I do hope SU can figure out how to make them for us. You are so talented and generous to everyone. Thanks for sharing.

kay said...

Love your pages! I've scrapbooked ever since I could remembered but since SU!, it came to a halt. I should get back on the saddle again and this can be my inspiration! TFS!!!- Kay Sha, http://creationsonpaper.blogpost.com shaintl@yahoo.com

Gwen Mangelson said...

cute pages this was shown on the BYU channel a few years ago on a scrapbooking show

cute pages!

Latenightstamper said...

Thanks for all your positive comments. These pages were the bread and butter of my stampin up business for 2 years. The pages are easy to make with our sheet protectors and fun to teach!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It