Mar 17, 2008

Contests and Events are worthwhile

Sherrill's Contests and Events are worthwhile - Please join us

Sherrill,

I love your contests, the challenges and, as one of the winners, I can't tell you how generous you are...thank you for your encouragement and sharing so much with the rest of us.

Beverly Penick bjpenick@charter.net
______________________________________________

I first heard about Sherrill on another stamping list I belong to and learned some great "long distance" techniques from her via a technique newsletter she did at that time. Uses Lumiere paints, reinkers and marbling paper, I believe. After I started to participate in that technique newsletter, I rec'd a "mystery package" in the mail of some of the reinker supplies. Of course, it was a total surprise and I finally called DS to find out why I was getting this package thinking that it was a shipping boo boo on the part of SU. Imagine my surprise when the DS gal looked up the shipping order number and told me that it was from a demo in the Las Vegas area named Sherrill. DING! the light bulb lit up and I realized who had sent it. What a sweet and wonderful and totally unexpected surprise! However whenever I see a Mellow Moss reinker, I always remember Sherrill!

Because of that contact, I found out about a stamp camp she was offering on check in day of the 2003 Vegas convention and I signed up for that with a friend. We did some great projects and enjoyed ourselves as well. Brought home some of the projects we did and was able to turn them into wonderful class samples. The best one was the "explosion" style fold that became so popular for the little squash books. I had tried making one before at an event but was rather...um, I guess "challenged" would be the word? Trying it again later at Sherrill's class somehow made it "click". I remember the tip of "putting two points up and the middle points down and pretend the bottom point is gobbling up wth top point. I know, I know...sounds nuts but that was how I managed to remember! I can't tell you how many squash book projects I have done since that time from stamp camps to club projects to kids' b-day parties. Always a big hit!

So yes, I would have to say that the long ago contact with Sherrill's events did have a great effect on helping me come up w/ new projects for my business and because of that I was delighted to participate in this Late Night Stampers go round. Not sure I would have been interested in it had I not already met Sherrill and known of her generosity and helpful nature. Of course, this didn't happen to me


In addition, one of my first level downline (Bev P) will be attending the convention with me and already sent in a sample for a monthly contest...she was THRILLED to win a prize of free SU product last month and I'm sure that it will inspire her to continue pushing herself creativity wise and this can only help build a business, right?

Jan Hoyt InkerzAway@aol.com

__________________________________

Please join us for any or all of these events and tell your friends there is still room!

Monday July 28 shoe box swap 9-12 OPEN $35
You will make and swap 5 fun projects and use yours for a contest with Wonderful SU prizes! (contest entries will not be returned) We will also have a RMHCharities table so the quick stampers can make a card for them.

Monday Shoe Box Swap 2-5 (FULL) and the Reunion Party at 7-9:30 (FULL) Tuesday July 29 AM Stamp Camp 8am-1pm (FULL)

Tuesday PM Stamp Camp 3-8 OPEN $95
You will make 8 fantastic projects, each one taught by a skilled instructor! These projects have always been the highlight of our events. You will get you money's worth, plus you will be able to take your samples home and teach them in your workshops!

Wednesday July 30th PM Shoe box swap OPEN $15 You will make and swap 5 fun projects.

Space is limited so E-mail me and then send your payment istmpnv@aol.com for pay pal also make sure and tell me which events you are paying for -thank you

Sherrill Graff
605 Kendrick Place
Boulder City, NV 89005
To send a check.

Your spot is reserved ONLY once we receive your payment.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster
Pin It